We believe education is a lifelong process of learning we want to provide many important ways for adults to grow and become actively involved. The following is an overview of some of what we do to support our adults in their Christian growth. Please visit specific pages listed under the “Adults” menu for more detailed information.
Sunday School Classes:
- Prospectors – 20-50somethings – meets in lower West Wing
- Cornerstone – meets in upper West Wing
- Bond Between Us – meets in upper West Wing
- Christian Workers – meets in the Parlor (upper East Wing, by the church’s administrative offices)
Other Ministry Opportunities:
- Wednesday Night Bible Studies – meet from 6:15-7:30 p.m. in the Bond Between Us and the ABC Volunteer classrooms (in the upper West Wing)
- Adult Choir – helps lead in worship, meets Wednesdays from 7:00-8:00 p.m.
- Women’s Ensemble – vocal group, meets Wednesdays from 6:30-7:00 p.m.
- Women’s Bible Study – meets on Sunday evenings from 6:00-7:00 p.m.
- Women’s Circles – Ruth (meets 2nd Monday of month at 6:00 p.m.) and Rebekah (meets 1st Monday of month at 1:00 p.m.), regular service and ministry projects, missions support, making/taking food to demonstrate care and concern
- “Extraordinary Women” – occasional outings, conferences
- “Men In Action” – men’s group: Weekly Tuesday Men’s Lunch, from 11:30 a.m.-12:20 p.m. (see FCC Events Calendar for more detail); meets as needed to do hands-on property maintenance/improvement around the church building, often during “Second Saturday” Service Projects (with the oneighty_youth)
- “Cross Harmony” – men’s vocal ensemble, meets as needed, contact Scott Wakefield, Director, for details or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Weekly Basketball – 9:00-11:00 a.m. at Chuckey-Doak Middle School
- Men’s Golf Outings – occasional Sunday afternoon golf trips
- Men’s Softball team – call church office