Beyond worship, one of our two main ways to engage is to Connect in a LifeGroup. (The other way is to Serve on a team. See “The Big 3” in our Vision Guide for more.) LifeGroups are sermon-based small groups of 12-15 people who meet in homes weekly around food and the Word of God, and to pray and share life. LifeGroups bring about life change because they have 3 foundational elements that give them PoWeR:
- Prayer-empowered (Acts 1:14; 2:42; Ephesians 1:16-17; Philippians 1:3-11; James 5:16) — We ask each group to spend 20 minutes per meeting in prayer, in two settings: 10 min with a same-gender prayer group and 10 min with the LifeGroup gathered together.
- Word-centered (Joshua 1:8; Deuteronomy 6:6-9; 8:3; Psalm 119:11, 103-107; Mark 4:14-20; Acts 2:42; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; Hebrews 4:12; 5:11-6:2) — We ask each LifeGroup to spend 50 minutes studying our sermon-based curriculum that is found in our weekly Study Guide (details in each week’s bulletin.)
- Relationally-connected (John 17:22-23; Eph 4:15-16; Col 3:12-17; Heb 3:13; 10:24-25) — In our structure, LifeGroups are the front lines of relationship building and pastoral care. We expect our groups to have fun together and care for one another well!
“Connect in a LifeGroup.” Links:
- Sign up or indicate interest in LifeGroups! — www.connectinalifegroup.org
- View/download Study Guides (Also included in the weekly bulletin.)
- Watch or listen to sermons.