Men In Action
Our men’s group seeks to develop Godly men, husbands, fathers, grandfathers, and church leaders who take seriously their responsibility to extend the Kingdom to the world. We’re called “Men In Action” because we’re actively working to become the men who God made us to be. Many men think that being a man is about typically short-sighted and mediocre visions of manhood that we see in our world’s corrupt culture. But being a man of God isn’t wimpy and isn’t easy… it’s about hard work, loving our families, dedication to commitments, and upholding a life of integrity that brings God glory.
Here are some ways we build men of God at First Christian Church:
- Tuesday Lunch Crew - Meets at 11:30 a.m. each Tuesday for some good food and fellowship. We try a different restaurant each month. Check our weekly bulletin to find out where we’re meeting this week.
- Work Crew - Usually scheduled as a Saturday work day from 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m., breakfast at 7:30 am. We’re able to accomplish needed maintenance and upkeep around our building’s facilities.
- Cross Harmony - Men’s vocal ensemble, meets as needed, to sing in worship and occasional special events. Contact our Minister of Worship, Eric Brown, for information on how to join a vocal ensemble.
- Men’s Golf Outings - From the casual Sunday afternoon golf trips to a full trips to South Carolina… our men love to golf!
- Special Conferences and Events - We host a yearly men’s leadership retreat, occasionally attend PromiseKeepers conferences and other events. Our goa is to develop Godly character and engender a spirit of fellowship and unity among us.