“Cultivate Growth” in StudyGroups
The ‘second C’ in our 3Cs ministry process calls us to “Cultivate Growth in relationship with God and one another.” So we offer StudyGroups every Sunday morning as a focused learning environment where we can together shape a biblical Christian worldview and “take every thought captive” to Christ (2 Corinthians 10:5). These are modular classes, with a definite beginning and ending, that seek to provide intergenerational learning environments (we include our High Schoolers!) where young and old can learn together. Our StudyGroups stress biblical and theological study first and foremost, but we also will occasionally provide topical learning that allows the flexibility to offer introductory classes about our congregation (“3CLIFE”), development and training for church leaders and teachers, and even prayer groups and recovery classes.
Bible classes for birth through middle school are age based and are identical both hours on Sunday mornings (thereby allowing families flexibility when choosing their worship service time). These classes follow the Faithweaver curriculum. Visit the FCC Children’s page for detailed information about our children’s curricular structure.
Here are the StudyGroups for the Summer 2013 Quarter which started Sunday, June 2. We realize that your Worship Hour decision (i.e., “Which worship service am I going to?”) will be, in large measure, determined by which StudyGroup you choose. That is intentional. As a congregation with multiple services (both of which are identical, see www.fccgreeneville.org/service-times-and-location for more), we want to continually mix up our services and StudyGroups so you see more people you may not yet know (and ensure that your meaningful Christian community and intimate connections with fellow believers happen in LifeGroups.) So, you see… it all works together in our 3CLIFE process! Okay, the classes:
First Hour Classes — 9:00-10:10 am:
- God’s People Worship — This quarter’s standard curriculum focuses on the books of Isaiah, Ezra, and Nehemiah. We will engage with God’s Word as we learn and study together! Ruth Axsom and Jan Green. Join anytime (Rm 210).
- Life of Christ — This class looks at all four Gospel accounts of Christ’s life to unpack how we ought to live as his disciples. Be ready to be challenged as you come face to face with the God of the universe who became a man and lived among us. Moderated by Mark Liebert. (Rm 211).
- 3CLIFE Class — Join us for our 5-week intro to all-things FCC. Our quarterly 3CLIFE Class led by Tommy Staggs. Click here for more info about this class and 3CLIFE (Rm 209).
Second Hour Classes — 10:30-11:40 am:
- God’s People Worship — This quarter’s standard curriculum focuses on the books of Isaiah, Ezra, and Nehemiah. We will engage with God’s Word as we learn and study together! standardlesson.com Moderated by Mike French and David Ottinger. Join anytime (Rm 210).
- Matthew — In part 3 of our study, we begin with Matthew 8:1, “When he came down from the mountain, great crowds followed him.” Chapters 8-9 help us understand why we should follow him, through a series of progressively greater miracles demonstrating his divinity. Chapter 10 outlines the cost of following Jesus. Everyone is welcome (no prior class necessary), as we learn to follow Him! Led by Mike Schubert. (Rm 209).
- Life Transforming Teaching — Learn from Jesus and other Biblical leaders how to teach and disciple others effectively. This course will introduce you to the skills and preparation necessary to touch lives. Open to all who want to influence others in the Kingdom. Led by Randy Wittig. (Rm 211).